Monday, July 16, 2007

T minus 3 days

We all swear-in in three days. Finally!! I'm definitely ready to get to my site & start living on my own & establishing a routine. I will be living in Eastern Guatemala, where the climate will be alot warmer than where I am living now, in W. Guatemala. Although there are a couple of hours there in the afternoon where you just want to sit inside & not move, the mornings and nights are gorgeous. The plants and trees are also very tropical. I will be very close to the El Salvadorian border and only about an hour and a half from beautiful beaches with great warm water! I went out to my site about 2 weeks ago to arrange things, and I have an apt. all ready that I will be moving into. It will be nice to be living out of more than one room, where I have been staying with a host family for the past 2 1/2 months. I will be able to prepare my own food, as well. Another luxury I am looking forward to :)
We just did Spanish level tests today, which they tape recorded! Not so fun, but I did jump a level in Spanish. Other than that, we are just finalizing things before our move out to site. We will be moving there the day after swearing-in. If anybody wants to know the specific town where I will be living, they can email me & I will tell you so you can look it up on the map. I am not listing it here b/c this is a publicly accessible blog.
Miss you all very much. Please send emails! Also, I would love it if somebody could send me some People or US Weekly or other gossipy mags :)
My mailing address:
8 calle, 6-55 Zona 9
Guatemala, Guatemala

Just put my name at the top, followed by PCV and then the address.

More info later when I arrive at site!

No comments: